Promenade of the East Frisian princes and princesses
The oldest map of the monastery site from 1744 shows the first depiction of the Lindenallee: As the "Pürsch-Allee", this alley of lime trees is assumed to have been created together with the hunting lodge in 1612. From the castle, the avenue led to the lowlands of the "Krummen Tief", an important shipping connection since the monastic period.
Since today's old trees are hardly older than 150 years, the avenue must have been completely renewed in Prussian times.
Postal inspector Johann Beister in the Lindenallee, around 1960