The former forester's lodge dates back to the year 1829; two predecessor buildings stood on the same site that had been built at the beginning of the 18th century. In 1999, the municipality of Ihlow bought the building from the Lower Saxony Forestry Administration and renovated it from the ground up. Since its reopening in 2000, the following have been set up there:
- the monastery café with terrace,
- the monastery shop,
- the scriptorium (writing room of the monks).
It is worth opening the "opening hours" site on our website, visiting the café in person and browsing the beautiful monastery shop!
The forester’s house after 1906 / before 1916: Forester Brehm with family in the garden on the south side